Canon EOS Rebel T6i vs Canon EOS 80D- Making the decision
Canon has been one of the best camera manufacturing units that the mankind has ever seen. Given the wide range of options that this camera giant offers, the users often get confused with respect to selecting the ideal Canon DSLR for themselves. Today we would be picking up two amazing DSLRs from Canon which are made to meet the requirement of intermediate level photographers – Canon EOS Rebel T6i and Canon EOS 80D. So, here we go!
There are a lot of common factors which is shared between EOS Rebel T6i and EOS 80D. Of course they both are from Canon! (Slow Claps!) Now let’s take a dig at the technical part. Both the cameras share the following:
· 24 MP resolution
· Touch Screen
· Articulating Screen
· View Finder
· Microphone Port
· AE Bracketing for HDR
Points of difference-
Now let’s a look at the factors that distinguishes both these cameras.
· Focus Points: The EOS 80D has 45 focus points which can be adjusted manually as well. In comparison, the Rebel T6i has only 19 focus points.
· Viewfinder potential: When it comes to judging the viewfinder potential, the EOS 80D has a 100% potential, whereas the T6i gets restricted at 95%.
· Battery Life: One of the most noticeable factors is that battery life of the two cameras. A full charge on a Canon EOS 80D is likely to give you around 960 shots and on the other hand, the Rebel T6i lasts upto 440 shots only.
· Flash Sync: Professional photographers often prefer having a device which has a flash sync mechanism. It gives them the flexibility to use the external flash from their own perspective. The facility is present in the EOS 80D, but is absent in Rebel T6i.
· Timelapse Recording: Timelapse recording is one of the most trending areas of photography. It gives you the benefit of recording various timelapse from one single point. The facility is in-built in EOS 80D, but once again is absent in T6i.
· Shutter speed: One of more area of concern is the shutter speed of the device. When it comes to the EOS 80D, the shutter speed is around 1/8000s and the Canon Rebel T6i has a shutter speed of 1/4000s. This clearly indicates that the camera performance of EOS 80D would be better than Rebel 6Ti even though they both share a 24 megapixel camera.
The ultimate decision always depends on the pricing. The Rebel T6i is priced around US $ 749 and the EOS 80D is priced around US $ 1,199. This makes it evident that the EOS 80D is expensive by almost $450, but then given the features that it supports, it will always remain as the most preferred camera over Rebel T6i provided budget is not restricted.
Canon Rebel T6i is one of those camera which can be used for people who are looking forward to move into photography. EOS 80D is simply meant for people who are already into photography and looking to making an impact on their career.